Thursday 20 October 2011

Tamagochi got stuck in web 2.0...some more thoughts on task 1b

Hey there,
it´s been 10 days since I last posted..I´ve been busy up to both ears preparing for our premiere on the 29.10...lots of stage rehearsals...and also lots of other things to do...however I was waiting in hospital so long the other day, that I got all the reading done, that I had set out to do for this week...just not much time for the internet..plus I find myself getting stuck on facebook a lot longer, than I wish for...hmpf...

Today I managed to update my flickr account....I´ve added two more pictures, fixed all the tags and added, who took the picture. As I am on almost all the pictures I need to use photos by others, but being a photographer myself I also value, when my photos are credited, so that´s what I want to do for fellow photographers too.

I´ve also had some more thoughts on task 1b...I penciled about half a page in my BAPP note book that goes everywhere with me now...basically thoughts, especially on recent developments on security issues concerning the internet here in Germany, about the "occupy" demonstrations, that are not only organised on the web, but also are turning into an "online" demonstration.
I also had this genius thought (ok...I just need to tap myself on the shoulder once in a while) that the web 2.0 is actually very much like these little electronic animals that were all the rage in the 1990s...Tamagochis....you needed to feed them and play with them and then they would get all pretty and fat...or healthy...depending on how much time you were spending with them....I feel that web 2.0 applications are the same...the more time you spend with them, the better you know, how to use them and the "healthier" your relationship is towards them. The more you feed them, the happier (better/informative) they are. If you say went on vacation or needed a time out to let´s say...go to school or smth ridiculous like that....you could- in the high times of the phase, have someone Tamagochi-sit your electronic pet for you and therefore give it some other input. Now we don´t have 24 hours of the day to take care of all the web 2.0 sites, but there is always someone out there looking out for the most interesting, informative and busiest pages, so they also grow happy and healthy, while were not looking.

Ok...so I´ve been having all these thoughts (productive or not) and have been adding the good ol´ ink to my beloved paper (I´m very passionate about life 1.0..the one before the digital revolution)...and I realised, that I´m not really getting anywhere fast, because I think I have to deliver some finished product (a bit like in school-times, where the written word was the one you got the mark on)...but then life is never a finished project and studying and learning certainly will never be, so I should just get on with it.

So...I´m not too worried about this...I need to get used to sharing my work-process more with people...and I´ll be really happy for feed-back and of course to keep on updating on myself...
Cheers for reading this far...
All the best!

2 comments:

  1. This is really inspiring! I love they way you used Tamagochi to explain exactly what we are becoming addicted to. It's becoming part of our lives where we must check Facebook every hour exactly like a tamagochi! whether this is good for us is another thing.
    Just something to help change smth to something just so it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking that everything is like a Tamagochi pet. The more you feed and care for something the stronger it gets. Sometimes we even feed negative things and then wonder why they are getting stronger.

    I carry a note book around all the time too. It really helps me not feel like I have to remember too many things at once!

    It is a bit of a learning curve to change from thinking that task like things will be marked, when in fact we are interested in what you learnt from doing them and you tell us about that. But it seems like you get that.
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete