Tuesday 20 November 2012

a short note on the re-invention of the Rubik´s cube

So just a fast update from me after haven spoken to Paula yesterday and before jumping into a bus to drive to the lovely city of Heilbronn, where we will be guesting with "Blaubart" this week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UIM9bZPM4qM

I have been going easy on the Uni work, as last week-end´s meeting with my dancer friends as well as meeting with the managing director of the transition centre had really worn me out and I felt, like I needed to let things settle in my head a little, before pushing on.
I have a lot of information at hand now and I need to organise it and write it up in a manner, that is understandable to my audience.

Also on the matter of the audience of my professional artefact I have made some ground. The lady from the transition centre was also a great help in supporting my idea. As I am looking into what happens to dancers once their shelf-life has expired and they cannot dance any longer for various reasons, I have been looking at the theatre landscape in Germany in general and what funding is available, also to the so called "Stiftung Tanz Transition Zentrum Deutschland" that was founded in 2010 in order to assist dancers in their transition. I am hoping, that once my professional artefact is ready in form of a small booklet or flyer, the audience of dance performances (who generally seem to be very interested in that topic, as the question always has arisen of late, when members of the public came to watch rehearsals, etc.) will feel inspired to donate to the Stiftung, as it can use every penny available and I have observed members of the ballet-loving audience in Germany being extremely passionate about dance and happy to involve themselves in such matters where they feel they can make a difference by giving a couple of pennies.

I have also experienced some glitches (I would call them). Firstly I have not been sending out my survey, as I am too much of a perfectionist and keep on checking it and re-writing it and making a Rubik´s cube out of it. As I am not a professional social scientist, but rather a curious professional dancer I think I should lay off myself a little here. As I spoke with Paula yesterday- it is quite late in the process to be sending a survey out now, but through my discussion with the transition centre last week-end I also made some changes to it (in order to get some answers for them). I think my whole inquiry ought to be regarded as an update as to where things are up to in the world of transition in Germany and hopefully be seen as suggestions and inspiration to further research into the topic. (maybe I need to do an MA...after all?? ((O;)
I also made the mistake of giving the transcript of the interview I made to my interviewee. Enough said- as I want to stay within my ethical boundaries...but it has made everything somewhat more complicated and has also wasted my time, as I also transcribed almost every word that was said during the one hour interview I led. Actually in the Blaxter, Hughes Tight book "How to research" (2010) there is even a health warning to doing this....!! Oh...silly me.... ((O;
Ok. It´s all part of the learning process.
Keep courage and battle on, right??! So long....

No comments:

Post a Comment